- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g chicken breast schnitzel
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp grated ginger root
- 1 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 150g sweet berry tomatoes (quartered) or cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground fennel seed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 jar (700 mL) passata
- 1 cup (250 mL) filtered water
- 1 tbsp Broth of Life Chicken Bone Broth Powder
- Handful of coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat the oil in a wok or large pot over medium-high heat. Cut each chicken schnitzel into approx 2cm strips and add to the hot oil, cooking 6 minutes until slightly browned. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- In the wok add a splash more oil and pop in the onion, garlic and ginger and cook 2 to 3 minutes stirring regularly. Add in the mushrooms, tomatoes, garam masala, ground fennel seed, cumin, coriander, turmeric, and cinnamon. Cook for a couple minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the tomato passata, water and Broth of Life Chicken Bone Broth Powder.
- Return the chicken to the wok, along with the juices from the plate. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally and testing the chicken is tender.
- Garnish with coriander leaves sprinkled on top.
Note: serves 3 to 4