Recipe Prepared by: Steph Lowe - The Natural Nutritionist
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.
Looking for a simple snack which is gluten, dairy and nut free? Rather than store-bought crackers why not make our seed crackers? Teamed with some patê, homemade dip or sliced avocado and tomato, our seed crackers are versatile and nutritious.
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 6-8)
- 1 cup flaxseeds
- 3 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon Broth of Life Dehydrated Bone Broth
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½-1 teaspoon sea salt
- Add all the seeds to a large bowl. Add enough filtered water to cover the seeds and leave to soak for 4-6 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 60°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Drain and rinse the seeds and add to a food processor or blender. Add Broth of Life, chilli flakes, basil and sea salt and process for up to 1 minute to ensure all seeds and spices are combined but still a little chunky.
- Spread the mixture onto the baking tray. We like our crackers thin and crunchy so spread it quite thin but it is entirely up to you.
- Transfer the tray to the oven and bake on low heat for 4 hours, turning the crackers over at the halfway point.
- Allow to cool in the oven prior to breaking into pieces. Crackers will store in an air tight container for up to a month.
Tip: To make it easier to flip the crackers at the halfway point in the baking process, simply cover the cracker with a top layer of baking paper. Pick up the bottom layer of baking paper and flip so that the top becomes the bottom. Remove the now top layer of baking paper and return to the oven for an additional 2 hours.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Min Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator for TNN.
BUY BONE BROTH