Serves: 8 Servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped chunky
- 3 large celery stalks, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 8 large button mushrooms, sliced
- 10 cloves garlic, grated
- 8 cups filtered water
- 4 tbsp of Broth of Life Chicken
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1 medium whole roast chicken shredded
- 3 cups kale leaves, torn and de-veined
- Using a large pot or dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté onion and garlic.
- Pop in celery and carrots, and stir occasionally for about 5 mins. Add your mushrooms and cook for a further 3 mins.
- Pour into the mix 8 cups of filtered water, Broth of Life, bay leaves, turmeric, pepper and salt and bring to the boil.
- Put in shredded chicken, cover and reduce heat to a simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Add torn kale, cover and simmer for 5 mins.
Remove bay leaves. Serve and enjoy!