- 4 chicken marylands (or 8 drumstick & thigh pieces preferably bone in)
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot/potato starch
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil/coconut oil/tallow/lard/ghee
- 100g speck/bacon, chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1kg baby potatoes
- 10g dried porcini
- 200g mushrooms, halved or quartered
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 tsp Broth of Life dehydrated chicken bone broth
- ¾ cup water
- Heat oven to 160C. Heat fat in a large stove & ovenproof pot over medium-high heat. Place starch in large bag. Season. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cook chicken pieces for 6-7 minutes or until well browned all over. Set aside.
- Cook bacon, mushrooms, onion, thyme and garlic, stirring, over medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened and bacon browned. Add potatoes and dried mushrooms.
- Add white wine to pot and bring to the boil. Scrape any brown bits from base or pan and boil for 3 minutes. Add dehydrated broth and water, then arrange chicken in pot. Cover with lid and transfer to the oven for – cook for 2 hours (or use a slow cooker for 6 hours on low).