- 1/2 cup Greek Style Yoghurt
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 20g butter
- 1 brown onion, halved, thickly sliced
- 700g tomato passata
- 1 tablespoon of Broth of Life Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- Basmati rice, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Broth of Life Chicken Bone Broth, to serve (optional)
- Combine the yoghurt, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, garam masala and chilli powder in a glass or ceramic dish and combine.
- Add your chicken, stir in to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 2 hours to marinade.
- In a heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat, heat oil and butter.
- Add the onion, stirring on and off and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until softened.
- Add in the marinaded chicken with sauce. Allow the chicken to change colour, cooking for around 5 minutes, then add the tomato passata and Broth of Life Chicken Bone Broth.
- Allow the mixture to come to the boil then reduce the heat to low. Allow to simmer for around 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and the mixture has thickened.
- Add in the cream and stir then simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with steamed basmati rice, coriander leaves & sprinkle some Broth of Life Chicken Bone Broth on top.
For the next day we had the dish for lunch as leftovers. We added the leftover rice into the chicken sauce and re-heated. To serve we added a bed of spinach, placed the sauce/rice mixture ontop and then added some fresh coriander, yoghurt and or cream, chilli flakes and Broth of Life Chicken Bone Broth.