A variation on Donna Hay's Recipe "Beef Oregano & Tomato Meatballs with Quinoa"
- 2 cups (400g) quinoa
- 450g beef mince
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- Sea Salt & Cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup (20g) finely grated parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- 1½ tbs Broth of Life Beef Broth
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled and chopped
- 700ml tomato passata
- 2 tbs chopped basil, plus extra leaves to serve
- In a saucepan soak the quinoa with 3 cups of water for 15 mins. Then place the saucepan over high heat & bring to the boil.
- Reduce to low heat and cook, with lid on for 15 mins or until the water is absorbed. Put aside.
- In a large mixing bowl place the mince, parsley, salt, pepper, parmesan, Broth of Life, egg, & half the garlic and mix to combine.
- Measure about a tablespoon of the mixture to create your ball and repeat. Place balls into the fridge for 20 mins.
- Heat a frypan on medium heat and add half the oil.
- Add the meatballs and cook for appox 6-8 mins. Put aside.
- With the remaining oil, heat your frypan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, remaining garlic and saute for 6 mins.
- Add tomato passata and basil and cook for 4 mins or until slightly thickened.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce to coat.
- On a plate, top the quinoa with the meatballs & sauce and sprinkle with extra parmesan & basil to serve.