When travelling, it can be challenging to have all the ingredients to prepare a flavoursome meal. Add some fussy eaters to the mix and it becomes near impossible. In trying to satisfy two 6 year old boys, I whipped up some bolognese sauce, but didn't have any herbs to add flavour.
Then it dawned on me, I only needed one item to add flavour, our very own Vegetable Stock! So simple, so fast and YUM!
- onion, peeled and halved
- 400g chopped tomatoes (or tin of organic tomatoes)
- 50g tomato paste
- 500g mince
- 1 tbs Broth of Life Vegetable Stock
- 25g healthy cooking fat (Olive Oil, Butter, Brellow, Tallow or Ghee)
- Add onion to the jug, chop for 3 seconds on speed 8.
- Add 25g healthy cooking fat, saute for 3 mins, 100C, speed 2.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste and vegetable stock to the jug.
- Place mince inside simmering basket, and insert into jug.
- Cook for 15 minutes, Varoma temperature, speed 4.
- Place cooked mince into jug and stir into sauce for 10 seconds on speed 2.
Stove top Method
- Heat healthy cooking fat in a large frying pan over medium heat
- Chop onion
- Add chopped onion to heated pan and cook until tender
- Increase heat to medium-high and add mince
- Cook stirring for 5 minutes until browned
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste and vegetable stock
- Stir to combine
- Reduce heat to low and partially cover.
- Simmer and stir occasionally for 30 mins until cooked and fragrant
Serve on top of desired base (zoodles, gf pasta, rice) or eat as it from a bowl.
For an extra bump in flavour and nutrition, sprinkle our dehydrated beef broth on top