Another great vegetable soup recipe using dehydrated bone broth. You can use any of the bone broth flavours here.
- 2 kg butternut pumpkin, deseeded, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbs finely chopped rosemary
- 80mls extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 large brown onion, halved, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbs ground coriander
- 2 large fresh red chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 6 tsp Broth of Life dehydrated beef broth
- 8 cups of water
- 200g speck/bacon
- Preheat oven to 220C
- Combine pumpkin, rosemary and half the oil in a large roasting pan
- Season with salt & pepper
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tender
- Heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium heat
- Add the onion, garlic, coriander and chilli and cook, stirring for 10 minutes
- Add the pumpkin mixture, dehydrated broth and water and bring to the boil
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes
- Remove from heat
- Chop the speck or bacon into small cubes and fry until browned.
- Blend with a stick blender until half blended consistency
- Ladle soup among serving bowls and top with fried speck/bacon.