An great raw, added protein, adaptation of Donna Hay’s recipe featuring ‘Broth of Life’ Dehydrated Chicken Broth & ‘Food to Nourish’ Activated ABC spread. (Vegan with bone broth omitted)INGREDIENTS
- 1/3 Cup (35g) raw cacao powder
- 1/4 Cup (60ml) coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 Cup (180g) coconut flower nectar
- 3/4 Cup (120g) walnuts
- 1/3 Cup (25g) desiccated coconut
- 6 fresh dates, pitted
- 1/4 Cup (60g) coconut oil, melted
- 2 heaped dessert spoons of Broth of Life dehydrated chicken broth
DATE CARAMEL MIDDLE
- 12 fresh dates, pitted
- 1/3 Cup (95g) Food To Nourish activated ABC Spread (almond, Brazil, Cashew Nuts)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- pinch sea salt flakes
- For the base, place the walnuts, Broth of Life Broth, coconut, dates and oil in a food processor and process for 1–2 minutes or until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Press the mixture into the base of a 20cm x 20cm lightly greased baking tin lined with non-stick baking paper and pop in the fridge until set.
- For the date caramel middle, place the dates, ABC spread, maple syrup, vanilla and salt in a food processor and process for 1–2 minutes or until smooth.
- Spread over the prepared base and return to the fridge to set.
- For the chocolate topping, place the cacao, oil and coconut flower nectar in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir for 2–3 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour this chocolate topping mixture over the date caramel and pop in the fridge for 2 hours or until set.
This slice is best to freeze for 30 minutes before slicing into 4cm x 10cm bars to serve.
Tip: The caramel slice needs to be served chilled. If you prefer a harder set, keep in the freezer until ready to serve.