- 600g chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 2 tsp. olive oil, plus more for greasing the baking dish
- 1 cup tri coloured quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon of Broth of Life Chicken Bone Broth Powder or Dehydrated Bone Broth
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 can 400g black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 310g jar of Organics Salsa (mild)
- ½ red capsicum deseeded and chopped
- 1 tsp. chilli powder and or chilli flakes (depending on the heat you desire)
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 150g Solanato or cherry tomatoes, whole
- ½ cup finely shredded cheese, divided (such as cheddar, monterey jack or ‘Mexican’ blend)
- Chopped fresh coriander, lime wedges, diced avocado and chilli flakes for serving
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a rectangular casserole dish and set aside.
- Pop your quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer and rinse under cold water for about a minute. Transfer to a medium saucepan and add 2 cups water and 1 tablespoon of Broth of Life Chicken Bone Broth Powder or Dehydrated Bone Broth. Bring this to boil then reduce heat to medium-low and allow quinoa to cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Stand covered for 5 minutes, then fluff with fork and set aside.
- Meanwhile while your quinoa is cooking, place a wok over medium-high heat and add 2 tsp. olive. Add onion and saute for 5 mins or until soft, then add cubed chicken. Cook 5-6 minutes then stir and continue cooking another 3-4 minutes or until chicken is nearly cooked thru.
- Using a large bowl, combine drained quinoa and chicken mixture with remaining ingredients saving the ½ cup shredded cheese for later use. Stir to combine.
- Pop the mixture into the greased baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Remove foil and sprinkle remaining ¼ cup of shredded cheese over quinoa mixture before serving.
- Garnish with coriander, lime wedges, diced avocado and chilli flakes.