- 250g plain flour (or gluten free flour)
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 250g butter, at room temperature, but not soft
- 150ml cold water
- 1 tbs Broth of Life Chicken Bone Broth Powder
- Egg Wash (1 tbs water + 1 egg)
GOATS CHEESE SMOKED SALMON LAYER
- 113g mixed herb goat cheese, room temperature
- 55g cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tbs chopped fresh dill, plus more for serving
- 300g smoke salmon
- 2 tbs capers
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- Sift 250g plain flour, 1tbs Broth of Life Chicken Bone Broth Powder and 1 tsp sea salt into a large bowl
- With 250g butter, roughly break into small chunks then add them to the bowl and rub them in loosely. You need to see bits of butter
- In the bowl make a well and pour in two-thirds of the 150mls cold water, mixing until you have quite a firm dough, adding more water if you need.
- Using cling film, cover and leave to rest for 20 mins in the fridge.
- Pop dough onto a lightly floured board, knead gently and form into a smooth rectangle.
- Only roll the dough in one direction until 3 times the width, about 20cm x 50cm keeping it straight and even. You want to keep the butter streaks, so don't over work, you should have a marbled effect.
- You need to fold the top third down the centre, then the bottom third up and over that. Quarter turn the dough (to the left or right) and roll out again to three times the length.
- Fold as above, cover with cling film and chill fro 20 minutes before rolling to use.
- Turn the oven on to 180C
- Place more flour on your bench and roll out the pastry and cut 20cm circles using a 1 1/2 - 2 cutter or using a wine glass top.
- Brush egg wash on each disc before placing in the oven.
- Place on oven tray with baking paper layer and cook until brown on top for about 15 minutes.
GOATS CHEESE SMOKE SALMON LAYER
- Stir the room temperature cream cheese, herb goat cheese, lemon zest and dill together until evenly mixed. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Using a star icing piper, pipe the goats cheese filling inot the centre of each puff pasty bite.
- Slice the salmon into thin strips and roll into a loose rose.
- Place the salmon spiral on top of the goats cheese.
- Garnish with fresh dill and capers.