- 400g canned white beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs (we used GF variety)
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 3 teaspoons of Broth of Life Lamb Bone Broth
- 600g of ground lamb mince
- 1 teaspoon of ground allspice
- 1/3 cup fresh oregano leaves, extra chopped coarsely
- 100g fetta, crumbed
- 1 baby cos lettuce, trimmed, leaves separated
- 200g beetroot peeled, grated coarsely
- 1 cup of Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and combine to make your beetroot tzatziki and pop in the fridge.
- Put the white beans, lemon juice, oregano and half of the olive oil in a bowl, stir together and season to taste.
- In a medium bowl, place your breadcrumbs and milk and stand for a couple of minutes or until the milk is fully absorbed. Add your lamb, allspice, Broth of Life bone broth, and extra oregano. Then using your hands, work the mixture until it’s mixed well.
- Pop in your feta, and stir in combined. Put together the mixture into rolled heaped tablespoon mixtures and then pat down into kofta shapes.
- Heat up a large non-stick frypan and heat up the remaining oil on medium to high, cook your kofta turning on occasion for 10 mins until browned both sides and cooked thru.
- Serve your kofta on baby cos lettuce with your bean mixture and tzatziki.
This is a version of the Woman’s weekly Superfood’s Lamb kofta with beetroot tzatziki.
BUY DEHYDRATED BONE BROTH
BUY BONE BROTH POWDER