- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup roasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon of Broth of Life Chicken Bone Broth
- zest & juice of one large lemon
- 750g chicken mince
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free breadcrumbs (or you can use normal breadcrumbs)
- 3/4 cup basil leaves, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Pop the oven onto 180°C to preheat. Lightly grease a loaf pan 7cm deep, 10cm x 20cm (base). You can line the base with baking paper if you wish.
- Using medium heat, heat the oil in a frying pan. Add onion, garlic, nuts, and Broth of Life. Cook, stirring and until softened & the onion has turned clear. Turn off heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl pop your lemon juice, zest, mince, breadcrumbs, herbs, egg, cooled onion mixture, and salt and pepper and combine. Mix well, if it is still a little dry (depending on the breadcrumbs you add use it can affect the mixture) add one more large egg. Spoon this mixture into your loaf pan, and press down using a spatula to make sure she’s tightly packed into the tin. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Gently flip to release it from the pan and serve.
We used 1kg of mince and added 2 eggs to the mixture, with the left over’s that didn’t fit in the pan we made chicken balls about a 1 tablespoon in size and baked for 20-25 mins. These are great for the kids :)
BUY DEHYDRATED BONE BROTH BUY BONE BROTH POWDER