- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 x 400g tins organic diced tomatoes
- 5 pieces semi sundried tomatoes crushed
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Broth of Life Dehydrated Beef Broth
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 6 lamb shanks
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat and then add the onion. Stir until onion becomes translucent.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook for a couple of mins
- Add tomato paste, stir through and continue to cook for a further couple of mins.
- Add diced tomatoes, semi sundried tomatoes, water, Broth of Life and red wine. Stir through to dissolve the Broth of Life, bring to the boil then take off the heat.
5. Pop the lamb shanks and rosemary leaves into the slow cooker and then pour the tomato sauce over the top.
6. Cook on high for 4 hours. Rest before serving.
5. Preheat your oven to 170°C (150°C fan-forced).
6. Pop the lamb shanks and rosemary leaves into a casserole dish and pour the tomato sauce over the top. Place a lid securely on your dish and cook in the oven for 2 hours.