- 1 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp All Spice powder (ground All Spice)
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp onion powder or garlic powder OR 1 tsp of each
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5kg beef brisket cut into 3 large pieces
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 tbsp of Broth of Life Beef Broth
- Salt and pepper
- Pop all the Spice Mix ingredients in a bowl. Season your beef by sprinkling 4-6 teaspoons of the Spice Mix over it and pat it down, so it sticks.
- Place your olive oil to heat in a large heavy based pot over high heat. Add the beef (in batches if needed) and brown on all sides to seal, then pop onto a plate.
- Take the stove down to medium heat, add more olive oil if the pot looks dry. Add your garlic and onion and cook until soft.
- Pop in the orange juice and lime juice, scraping the bottom of the pot so the brown bits from the spice mix into the liquid. Add the remaining Spice Mix, canned tomatoes, Broth of Life beef broth, water & the beef so the beef is mostly, but not completely covered.
- With the lid on, bring to a simmer then turn the stove down so it is bubbling gently. Cook for 2 hours with the lid on, then 30 minutes with the lid off or until the beef is tender enough to shred.
- Take out your beef and shred it with 2 forks. Leave the sauce to simmer with the lid off for 10 - 15 minutes to reduce and thicken as your desire. You can puree this sauce with stick blender to make it smooth if you wish, we left ours chunky.
- Toss the beef in the sauce to serve. Make sure you pop extra sauce on the side cause it’s just delicious!
- To make tacos, serve the beef with warmed small tortillas, avocado slices, a simple pico de gallo (combine diced tomatoes, finely chopped red onion, cilantro/coriander, lime juice, salt and pepper), goats cheese, sour cream, lime wedges and extra coriander leaves.