- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar or rapadura sugar
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup gluten free plain flour
- 2/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup Broth of Life Dehydrated Chicken Broth
- 2 eggs (this does break a little with tradition, however because of the extra dry ingredients we have added this as our binder)
- 125g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or golden syrup)
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- Start by lining two baking trays with baking paper and preheat your oven to 160°C.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, sugar, almond meal, gf flour, coconut and Broth of Life.
- Using a small saucepan, melt the butter and maple syrup, stirring in the baking soda.
- Add this to your dry mixture and stir until combined.
- With the mixture form tablespoon sized balls and place 3cm apart on trays. Fatten the balls gently until about 1cm thick. Bake, swapping the trays half time, for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Rest for 10 minutes on trays, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 12 Biscuits