- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 brown onions, chopped
- 3 rashers of bacon, rindless, finely chopped
- 1kg minced beef
- 700g tomato passata
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tbs Broth of Life Beef Broth
- sea salt and cracked pepper
- 500g lasagne sheets
- 3/4 cup grated mozarella
- 80g butter
- 4tbs gluten free flour
- 4 cups (1 litre) milk of choice
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Using a frying pan over high heat, pop in your oil, garlic and onion and cook for 3 minutes until just soft.
- Add bacon and cook for one minute, then add mince and cook, stirring, until brown. Add bay leaf.
- To the side measure a cup of boiling water and stir in Broth of Life beef broth powder. Add this to the mince.
- Add tomato passata, tomato paste and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir through the parsley, salt and pepper.
- Set aside taking out the bay leaf.
- Prepare your white sauce (as below)
- Preheat the oven to 190C (375F)
- Grease a rectangular oven proof dish (approx 23cm x 30cm)and line with lasagne sheets
- Thinly spread 1/4 of the bolognese sauce, cover with lasagne sheets, spoon over 1/4 of the white sauce.
- Repeat the layers and finish with white sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozarella and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Place butter in a saucepan over medium heat and melt.
- Sift in flour and stir into a smooth paste.
- Add milk and keep stirring until the sauce has boiled and thickened.
- Fold the parmesan cheese into the sauce and add salt and pepper.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature