- 400g carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup (120g) pecans (we used activated nuts)
- 1 cup (175g) coconut sugar
- 1½ cups (225g) plain flour (we used gluten free flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup (125ml) olive oil
- 1 tbs Broth of Life Chicken Broth
- ¼ cup (75g) natural greek style thick yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 250g cream cheese, chopped and softened
- 1/4 cup (50g) fresh ricotta
- 1/3 cup (55g) icing sugar
- 1 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- 1tsp vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- In a food processor pop your carrots & pecans in & process until they are chopped finely.
- Add sugar, flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, cinnamon, oil, Broth of Life, yoghurt, eggs and vanilla and process making sure you scrape the edges so everything is fully combined. Don’t over process, just enough to fully mix the ingredients.
- Pour your mixture into a round 22cm springform cake tin lined with baking paper & cook for approx 50-55 mins or until cooked through, testing with a skewer.
- Pop the cake on a cooling tray in the tin to cool.
- With the cream cheese frosting, place all the ingredients in the processor and blend until nice & smooth.
- Generously spread the frosting over the cake to serve.
Based on Donna Hay Recipe